Archeion.ca View hospital near me

The Toronto Hospital

Details: The Toronto Hospital Corporation (TTH), 585 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 2C4, was created by legislation passed in the Ontario Legislature on October 29, 1986, effecting the merger of the Toronto General Hospital (TGH) with the Toronto Western Hospital (TWH), which became, respectively, the Toronto General Division and the Toronto Western Division of The …

› Verified Just Now

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/toronto-hospital Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Toronto General Hospital

Details: The Toronto General Hospital (TGH) had its origins in 1819 when the Loyal and Patriotic Society of Upper Canada organized a trust fund to support the construction and maintenance of a hospital in the provincial capital, the Town of York. Construction began in 1820 and the General Hospital of the Town of York was opened for patients in June 1829

› Verified 8 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/toronto-general-hospital Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Hospital Administration fonds

Details: The new hospital opened at 18 Seaton Street in 1911. In 1913, the hospital was officially incorporated and named the Women's College Hospital and Dispensary. The name was changed to Women's College Hospital in 1924. In 1915, the Women's College Hospital moved to 125 Rusholme Road.

› Verified 3 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/hospital-administration-fonds Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Ontario Cancer Institute/Princess Margaret Hospital

Details: The hospital is commonly known as the Ontario Cancer Institute/Princess Margaret Hospital (OCI/PMH). As of November 13, 1995, the Hospital officially moved to 610 University Avenue, and the new hospital facility was recognized by a visit from Her Royal Highness, Princess Margaret, on July 12, 1996.

› Verified 7 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/ontario-cancer-institute-princess-margaret-hospital-2 Go Now

› Get more:  CancerGo Now

St. Joseph's Hospital, Sarnia, Ont.

Details: St. Joseph’s Hospital was officially re-opened as St. Joseph’s Health Centre on October 12, 1990. This was the amalgamation of St. Joseph’s Hospital, the Continuing Care Centre (formerly the Chronic Care Facility), Sarnia-Lambton Workers’ Treatment Centre, and a Day Hospital. The name change reflects a concomitant change in service

› Verified 2 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/st-josephs-hospital-sarnia-2 Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

The No. 10 Canadian Stationary Hospital

Details: Western University’s offer to provide a hospital unit for overseas service was officially accepted by the War Office in April 1916. At the request of the Board of Governors, Edwin Seaborn, a member of the university’s Faculty of Medicine, was appointed to command the unit at the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel.

› Verified 8 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/no-10-canadian-stationary-hospital Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

The No. 10 Canadian Stationary Hospital fonds

Details: Western University’s offer to provide a hospital unit for overseas service was officially accepted by the War Office in April 1916. At the request of the Board of Governors, Edwin Seaborn, a member of the university’s Faculty of Medicine, was appointed to command the unit at the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel.

› Verified 8 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/no-10-canadian-stationary-hospital-fonds;rad Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Building of the Port Hope Hospital Papers

Details: The Port Hope Hospital was first established in the two story brick house formerly belonging to the McLean family, at the corner of Hope and Ward Streets. In 1915, plans were underway to build the new hospital, with the cornerstone being laid on October 8, 1915. The official opening of the new hospital was held on June 29, 1916.

› Verified 1 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/building-of-port-hope-hospital-papers Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

St. Mary's Hospital, London, Ont. fonds

Details: In 1979, the Pastoral Department was created at the hospital. A Sister or priest worked part-time to co-ordinate the Sisters who volunteered for pastoral visits to patients. In 1985, St. Mary’s Hospital merged with St.Joseph’s Hospital and Marian Villa to …

› Verified 4 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/st-marys-hospital-london-fonds Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Toronto General Hospital. Board of Trustees

Details: The TGH Board of Trustees was the Hospital’s governing body. The Board was first legally sanctioned in 1847 when it was incorporated by an Act of the Government of the Province of Canada (10/11 Victoria, C. 57).

› Verified 6 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/toronto-general-hospital-board-of-trustees Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

St. Joseph's Hospital, Sarnia, Ont. fonds

Details: St. Joseph’s Hospital was officially re-opened as St. Joseph’s Health Centre on October 12, 1990. This was the amalgamation of St. Joseph’s Hospital, the Continuing Care Centre (formerly the Chronic Care Facility), Sarnia-Lambton Workers’ Treatment Centre, and a Day Hospital.

› Verified 3 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/st-josephs-hospital-fonds;rad Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

St. Thomas-Elgin General Hospital

Details: The Amasa Wood Hospital School of Nursing was established in 1892. When the City of St. Thomas required expanded hospital services following the First World War, the new Memorial Hospital was built in 1923-1924. Nursing education in the city continued under the auspices of the new hospital, under the name Memorial Hospital Training School for

› Verified 6 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/st-thomas-elgin-general-hospital Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

The Toronto Hospital record group

Details: The Toronto Hospital Corporation (TTH), 585 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 2C4, was created by legislation passed in the Ontario Legislature on October 29, 1986, effecting the merger of the Toronto General Hospital (TGH) with the Toronto Western Hospital (TWH), which became, respectively, the Toronto General Division and the Toronto Western Division of The …

› Verified 3 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/toronto-hospital-record-group Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Grace Hospital records

Details: This series consists of records created or maintained by the Grace Hospital and its predecessor, the Toronto Homeopathic Hospital, and of miscellaneous photographs of Grace Hospital staff, buildings, and facilities. The series is divided into six sub-series: TW 7-1 Annual Reports. TW 7-2 Treasurer's accounts journal and correspondence.

› Verified 6 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/grace-hospital-records Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Toronto General Hospital. Social Service Department

Details: The Department was administered by the Hospital but was largely supported by volunteer groups who raised funds to subsidize the salaries of Department staff. In particular, the Department was supported by a group successively called the Ladies’ Committee (1911-1921) and the Social Service Association (1921- ).

› Verified 4 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/toronto-general-hospital-social-service-department Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Kingston General Hospital. Department of Pathology

Details: Kingston General Hospital is a teaching hospital. Its clinical departments report directly to the hospital Chief of Staff and the Dean of the Faculty of Health Sciences, Queen's University. As the Department of Pathology at Kingston General Hospital developed during the early years of the twentieth century, its administrative, patient care and

› Verified 3 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/kingston-general-hospital-department-of-pathology Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Ontario Cancer Institute/Princess Margaret Hospital fonds

Details: The hospital is commonly known as the Ontario Cancer Institute/Princess Margaret Hospital (OCI/PMH). As of November 13, 1995, the Hospital officially moved to 610 University Avenue, and the new hospital facility was recognized by a visit from Her Royal Highness, Princess Margaret, on July 12, 1996.

› Verified 1 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/ontario-cancer-institute-princess-margaret-hospital-fonds Go Now

› Get more:  CancerGo Now

Kingston General Hospital Foundation fonds

Details: The Kingston General Hospital Foundation fonds contains the administrative and operational records of the Foundation from its beginnings in 1977 to the end of Phil Perrin's tenure as Vice President, Public Affairs and Development, in 2002. Responsible for hospital and joint fundraising, the Foundation manages the Hospital trust and other funds

› Verified 6 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/kingston-general-hospital-foundation-fonds Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

St. Joseph's Hospital, Chatham, Ont. fonds

Details: The last year that a sister was a hospital administrator was in 1984. In 1992, the Sisters withdrew from residence at the hospital, and in 1993 the ownership of the hospital was changed over to the St. Joseph’s Health Care Society. The hospital is now …

› Verified 1 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/st-josephs-hospital-chatham-ont-fonds Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

St. Thomas-Elgin General Hospital Archives fonds

Details: The Amasa Wood Hospital School of Nursing was established in 1892. When the City of St. Thomas required expanded hospital services following the First World War, the new Memorial Hospital was built in 1923-1924. Nursing education in the city continued under the auspices of the new hospital, under the name Memorial Hospital Training School for

› Verified 1 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/st-thomas-elgin-general-hospital-archives-fonds Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Stettler Hospital, Alta. fonds

Details: Due to religious factions in the community, soon after it was known that the Sisters would be running a hospital, another proposal was made to establish a public municipal hospital instead. Since the voting on this issue was dragged out, the Sisters went ahead and began work in a small existing hospital.

› Verified 8 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/stettler-hospital-alta-2 Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Kingston General Hospital Board of Governors fonds

Details: The Board of Governors is responsible for the arrangement of funding to fulfill the mission of the Hospital and cooperate with government in the control of the operation of the Hospital. In 1832, a Commission was appointed to superintend and manage the hospital, which was thereafter supervised until 1849 under the Commissioners.

› Verified 4 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/kingston-general-hospital-board-of-governors-fonds Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Women's College Hospital Board of Directors fonds

Details: The new hospital opened at 18 Seaton Street in 1911. In 1913, the hospital was officially incorporated and named the Women's College Hospital and Dispensary. The name was changed to Women's College Hospital in 1924. In 1915, the Women's College Hospital moved to 125 Rusholme Road.

› Verified 2 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/womens-college-hospital-board-of-directors-fonds Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Woodstock General Hospital School of Nursing fonds

Details: The Woodstock General Hospital School of Nursing was founded in 1895, the same year the Hospital was opened, when a Miss Ann Hudson entered the hospital to train. However, the first formal graduation was not held until June 24, 1904 when Miss Mary Ellen McKay and Miss Myrtle Hodgins completed their studies.

› Verified 4 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/woodstock-general-hospital-school-of-nursing-fonds Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

The Toronto Hospital ephemera collection

Details: The Toronto Hospital Corporation (TTH), 585 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 2C4, was created by legislation passed in the Ontario Legislature on October 29, 1986, effecting the merger of the Toronto General Hospital (TGH) with the Toronto Western Hospital (TWH), which became, respectively, the Toronto General Division and the Toronto Western …

› Verified Just Now

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/toronto-hospital-ephemera-collection Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Women's College Hospital Archives

Details: The Archive is located within Women's College Hospital. Women's College Hospital moved into its current location at 76 Grenville Street in 1935. Construction began on a new state-of-the-art building in the summer of 2010, and the new building was completed in 2015.

› Verified 2 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/miss-margaret-robins-archives-of-women Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Women's College Hospital. Department of Medical Imaging

Details: The Department of Radiology of Women's College Hospital was established in 1920. Dr. Elizabeth L. Stewart was the first Chief of Radiology (1920-1954). She was succeeded by Dr. Elizabeth Forbes (1955-1975), Dr. Terrance P. Connor (1975-1988), Dr. Eve Fishnell (1988-1996), and Dr. Katherine Fong (1997-1999). Following the amalgamation of Women's

› Verified 7 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/womens-college-hospital-department-of-medical-imaging Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Kingston General Hospital Pharmacy Services fonds

Details: The Kingston General Hospital Pharmacy Services fonds, 5999-440, contains the administrative record of the Hospital's pharmaceutical care function. The fonds includes policies and procedures, correspondence, planning records and the bound reports of pharmacy residents. Fonds is comprised of the following series: 1. Policies and procedures 2.

› Verified 3 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/kingston-general-hospital-pharmacy-services-fonds Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Rimbey Hospital, Alta. fonds

Details: The hospital was called St. Paul's Hospital and was owned by the Archdiocese of Edmonton. The Order of Benedictines ran the hospital for the archdiocese until they had to return to the United States due to their declining numbers. Archbishop Henry Joseph O'Leary then asked the Sisters of St. Joseph of the Diocese of London to take over operations.

› Verified Just Now

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/rimbey-hospital-alta-fonds Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Toronto General Hospital. Division of Neurosurgery

Details: Neurosurgery was established as a division of the TGH Department of Surgery in 1924 when Dr. Kenneth G. McKenzie was appointed to the TGH medical staff as Canada’s first dedicated neurosurgeon. In 1988 the Division became part of The Toronto Hospital Division of Neurosurgery. The Division was physically dissolved in 1990 and was subsumed as

› Verified 8 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/toronto-general-hospital-division-of-neurosurgery;isaar?limit=20 Go Now

› Get more:  MedicalGo Now

Toronto General Hospital. Department of Obstetrics and

Details: The Burnside Hospital was opened in October 1878 and was serviced by the TGH medical staff. At that time, the two surgeons from the Burnside, Drs. Frederick Le Maitre Grasett and James Algernon Temple were given lifetime membership on the TGH staff. Between 1878 and 1891 there were 2096 births at the Burnside.

› Verified 5 days ago

› Url: https://archeion.ca/toronto-general-hospital-department-of-obstetrics-and-gynaecology Go Now

› Get more:  MedicalGo Now

Women's College Hospital. Department of Obstetrics and

Details: Approximately 175,000 babies were delivered at Women's College Hospital from 1911-1999. Women's College Hospital de-amalgamated from Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in 2006. A Department of Gynecology was re-established and Dr. Jennifer Blake was appointed Chief (2006-2010). After she left, Dr. Jerry Shime served as Interim Chief (2010-2011).

› Verified 4 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/womens-college-hospital-department-of-obstetrics-and-gynaecology;isaar Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Kingston General Hospital Department of Surgery fonds

Details: Kingston General Hospital is a teaching hospital, its clinical departments report directly to the hospital Chief of Staff and the Dean of the Faculty of Health Sciences, Queen's University. Kingston General Hospital's Department of Surgery meets the demands of the health care system by providing high quality care to all referred patients

› Verified 7 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/kingston-general-hospital-department-of-surgery-fonds Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Kingston General Hospital Department of Information

Details: The hospital made significant progress in establishing its business and clinical systems infrastructure. In 1995, the Patient Care System (PCS) went live at KGH. This information system integrated multiple functions including patient registration, appointment scheduling, on-line reporting of diagnostic imaging and laboratory results.

› Verified 2 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/kingston-general-hospital-department-of-information-management-fonds Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Toronto General Hospital. Medical Advisory Board

Details: The Medical Advisory Board (MAB) of the Toronto General Hospital (TGH) was established in 1876, under the authority of the Medical Superintendent and was responsible for the administration of all medical services and facilities at the hospital until the TGH’s merger with the Toronto Western Hospital in 1986 to form The Toronto Hospital (TTH).

› Verified 1 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/toronto-general-hospital-medical-advisory-board Go Now

› Get more:  MedicalGo Now

The Hospital for Sick Children

Details: The Hospital for Sick Children was founded in 1875 by a group of charitable women in Toronto who wanted to provide free medical treatment for the children of the poor, and over time the institution evolved from a small, local charity into one of the pre-eminent pediatric hospitals in …

› Verified 6 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/hospital-for-sick-children;isaar Go Now

› Get more:  MedicalGo Now

Kingston General Hospital Department of Urology fonds

Details: The Department of Urology is a department of Kingston General Hospital and the Queen's University Faculty of Health Sciences. The Department of Urology at Kingston General Hospital was formed in 1930. In spite of the Great Depression and the Hospital's resulting financial struggles, medical, surgical and supporting services continued to expand

› Verified 1 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/kingston-general-hospital-department-of-urology-fonds;rad Go Now

› Get more:  MedicalGo Now

The Hospital for Sick Children Archives

Details: The Hospital for Sick Children Archives was begun as a centennial project by the Women's Auxiliary in1970. Initial donations and transfers were accepted beginning in 1970, described and arranged by volunteer staff from 1971 to 2002, and operation of the Archives passed to the Hospital Library in 2005.

› Verified 1 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/hospital-for-sick-children-archives-3 Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Wellesley Central Hospital fonds

Details: Wellesley Hospital, the predecessor of Wellesley Central Hospital, was founded as a private hospital in 1911. It was situated on the corner of Wellesley and Homewood Avenue with 72 beds for patients who came primarily from Rosedale and who were accustomed to meals being served on china imported from Limoges, France, and silver cutlery from England.

› Verified 6 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/wellesley-central-hospital-fonds Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Finding Aid

Details: Hospital was drafted to form the basis for the future planning of each hospital. St. Joseph’s Hospital was officially re-opened as St. Joseph’s Health Centre on October 12, 1990. This was the amalgamation of St. Joseph’s Hospital, the Continuing Care …

› Verified 3 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/downloads/st-josephs-hospital-fonds.pdf Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Killam General Hospital, Alta. fonds

Details: The Auxiliary Hospital provided long-term care and was known as the geriatric wing. The Auxiliary Hospital had 50 beds, and the Killam General Hospital had a small nursery. In 1970, Sister Mary Kevin Moran became the new administrator for the complex.

› Verified 4 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/killam-general-hospital-alta-2 Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Atkinson School of Nursing of the Toronto Western Hospital

Details: Sous-fonds consists of student records created and maintained by the Atkinson School of Nursing of the Toronto Western Hospital and subsequently maintained by the TTH Nursing Education and Research Department. See series-level description for details. Sous-fonds includes one series: 1.2.1 Student records. «.

› Verified 9 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/atkinson-school-of-nursing-of-toronto-western-hospital-sous-fonds Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Alumnae Association of the Women's College Hospital School

Details: The Alumnae Association of the Women's College Hospital School of Nursing was established in 1919 by Hannah Mary Ferguson Bowman (Superintendent of Women's College Hospital, 1917-1926). The Alumnae Association was intended to enable graduates to both keep in touch with the School and to keep in touch with other graduates.

› Verified 8 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/alumnae-association-of-the-womens-college-hospital-school-of-nursing-fonds Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Kingston General Hospital Department of Obstetrics &amp

Details: Ambulatory patient care occurs in a number of clinics. Obstetrics and Gynaecology is a Department of Kingston General Hospital and the Queen's University Faculty of Health Sciences. The Head of the Department is responsible to both the Chief of Staff of the hospital and the Dean of the Faculty of Health Science at Queen's University.

› Verified 2 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/kingston-general-hospital-department-of-obstetrics-gynaecology-fonds Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Kingston General Hospital Department of Ophthalmology

Details: The Head of the Department is responsible to the hospital Chief of Staff and to the Dean of the Faculty of Health Sciences at Queen's University. Deputy Chiefs support the Department Head at both hospitals. They co-ordinate the patient care, teaching and research functions. Monthly departmental meetings are the primary decision-making forums.

› Verified 3 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/kingston-general-hospital-department-of-ophthalmology-fonds Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Grace Hospital Training School for Nurses sous-fonds

Details: The Grace Hospital Training School for Nurses originated as the Training School for Nurses for the Toronto Homeopathic Hospital in 1890. In 1936 the process of amalgamation linking Grace Hospital with the Toronto Western Hospital (TWH) was completed and the TWH School of Nursing subsumed the functions of the Grace Hospital Training School for Nurses.

› Verified 6 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/grace-hospital-training-school-for-nurses-sous-fonds Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Kingston General Hospital Office of the Vice President

Details: The relationship with the hospital administration was close, albeit informal. Although administrators from Nursing had moved into hospital administration quite successfully, the department had minimal access to decision-making bodies within the hospital. The Nursing Care Committee (1961) and the Nursing Liaison Committee (1963-1971) were the

› Verified 8 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/kingston-general-hospital-office-of-vice-president-nursing-fonds Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now

Kingston General Hospital Office of the President fonds

Details: Kingston General Hospital was established in 1845. Prior to 1958, the Superintendent held responsibility for the Hospital's administration. In 1958, organizational changes occurred that resulted in a change in title from Superintendent to Director.

› Verified 5 days ago

› Url: https://www.archeion.ca/kingston-general-hospital-office-of-president-fonds Go Now

› Get more:  HospitalGo Now